16 fevereiro 2013

Como um analista sénior da Stratfor analisa Portugal em 2011



O WikiLeaks revelou cinco milhões de e-mails da empresa de "global intelligence" Stratfor, emitidos entre Julho de 2004 e Dezembro de 2011.

Segundo o WikiLeaks, "they reveal the inner workings of a company that fronts as an intelligence publisher, but provides confidential intelligence services to large corporations" & "the emails show Stratfor's web of informers, pay-off structure, payment laundering techniques and psychological methods".

Há um sobre Portugal interessante (o termo é meu :)). Um analista sénior da empresa mantém uma conversa com um português e o resultado é este:
>> I work for STRATFOR (www.stratfor.com) a geopolitical risk consultancy b=
ased here in Ausitn, Texas. I am the Senior Analyst for Europe, which means=
I've been covering this crisis for 3 years now. We basically do the same s=
ort of work that the Economist Intelligence Unit or Eurasia Group do. I wou=
ld love to take you out to lunch and talk Portugal and wider Eurozone. Lisb=
on is in the crosshairs of investors right now and bailout rumors are rampa=
nt. That's all fine, but I am really more interested in why it has had such=
tepid growth -- both economic and wage growth, really really low wage grow=
th over the last 10 years. Also, I am interested in developmental economics=
, so understanding some structural issues of Portuguese economy would be gr=
eat. How does migration effect growth, how connected is Portugal into the w=
ider capital flows of Europe... those sort of things. But really just a cha=
t about Portugal over lunch, to enlighten me more about the country which I=
have to admit I have not had the opportunity to follow closely in my time =
at STRATFOR or academia.


Depois, diz isto (negrito meu):
P.S. I attached a report on the social/political austerity measures we j=
ust finished that you may be interested in. It is not about which country i=
s worse off mind you. After Portugal, if any country has to tap the bailout=
fund it will be Belgium
. But that's an issue unrelated to the impact of au=
sterity measures so I kept it out of the report.


Também posso ser analista da Stratfor?