14 abril 2003

VITAMEDIAS
Quickiwiki, Swiki, Twiki, Zwiki and the Plone Wars Wiki as a PIM and Collaborative Content Tool: Wikis are everywhere, but, unfortunately, the online literature has not begun to focus on wikis yet. Why aren't wikis on our radar screen the way blogs are right now? Walt Crawford, a senior analyst at RLG and active writer and speaker in the library field, reported to me by e-mail that he had "tried out a library-related one quite a while ago and, at the time, found the mechanisms and content both either uninteresting or problematic. Since I didn't have any need that cried out for wikis as a solution, I didn't pursue the matter. That also explains the absence of any mention of wikis in my American Libraries 'e-files' series in late 2001: I was not aware of any real significance in the library field. That doesn't mean there isn't any, of course."