28 abril 2003

CULTURAS IN VITRO
William Gibson 'gives up blogging'
He's about ready to start thinking of his next novel - but in order to do so, he says he'll have to give up his weblog (or 'blog'), a highly popular website diary of sorts in which he's written almost daily since January.
"I do know from doing it that it's not something I can do when I'm actually working. Somehow the ecology of writing novels wouldn't be able to exist if I'm in daily contact. If I expose things that interest or obsess me as I go along, there'd be no need to write the book. The sinews of narrative would never grow."
That will disappoint many fans but he is fiercely protective of his privacy - the public weblog from the reclusive writer came as a surprise to many. Once he finishes the final, British leg of his book tour, the weblog will be wound up, he says - and, tethered soul in tow, he'll return to Vancouver to dream for us the next instalment of our hypercool future.
Gibson Kicks the Blogging Habit